Our mission is to promote cognitive development in our kids through computer science. We do this by giving them valuable, real-world skills and experiences for the future in a fun and enjoyable fashion.
“The CS@SC Summer Camps provide underrepresented K12 students with an opportunity to explore topics that are not typically covered in traditional curricula, specifically topics in computer science including stand-alone programming, web development, mobile app creation, and robotics.”
– Professor Jeffrey Miller, USC Computer Science Department
USC Camp Founder & Instructor
We consider Cognitive Development as the most important element in building young brains! We truly believe that our amazing coding classes, designed by the USC Computer Science department, will shape those young minds for rational reasoning, problem-solving, and critical thinking. And of course, our students learn the basics of real-world coding (Python, Java, Web Development, Scratch, etc.) while having FUN! As we all do our best to adapt to the changing times at home, it’s important to keep pushing our kids to new horizons leveraging up-to-date, relevant topics. Our classes will help you strike that balance of working from home while keeping them stimulated and excited about learning something new!
At the end of the day, our Goals for kids are to:
- Learn to code and to develop a sequence of steps used for problem-solving
- Understand what computer science is and how it can address real-world issues
- And, unlike other school courses, have fun and enjoy learning!
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain what computer science is and how it relates to real-world problems
- Develop a sequence of steps used to solve a given problem
- Use basic programming constructs such as variables, conditions, and loops
- Experience college life from the perspective of a USC student
- Describe how a computer program is written and executed
- Write a computer program to solve a given problem
- Identify the need for math and science knowledge in a variety of fields