Our mission is to promote cognitive development in our kids through computer science. We do this by giving them valuable, real-world skills and experiences for the future in a fun and enjoyable fashion.
“The CS@SC Summer Camps provide underrepresented K12 students with an opportunity to explore topics that are not typically covered in traditional curricula, specifically topics in computer science including stand-alone programming, web development, mobile app creation, and robotics.”
– Professor Jeffrey Miller, USC Computer Science Department
USC Camp Founder & Instructor
At the end of the day, our Goals for kids are to:
- Learn to code and to develop a sequence of steps used for problem-solving
- Understand what computer science is and how it can address real-world issues
- And, unlike other school courses, have fun and enjoy learning!
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain what computer science is and how it relates to real-world problems
- Develop a sequence of steps used to solve a given problem
- Use basic programming constructs such as variables, conditions, and loops
- Experience college life from the perspective of a USC student
- Describe how a computer program is written and executed
- Write a computer program to solve a given problem
- Identify the need for math and science knowledge in a variety of fields